- VAC:Voltage, alternating current (see AC)
- VDC:Voltage, direct current (see DC)
- VDE:Verdband Dentscher Electrotechniker Germany’s equivalent to USA Underwriters’ Laboratories.
- Voltage Drop:Change in voltage that results from a current passing through a device. For switches Voltage drop is typically referred as Contact drop DV.
- Washable:Applied to PC board mounted devices indicating compatibility with cleaning processes used after soldering. No degradation of electrical or mechanical parameters occurs. A switch is sealed to keep contaminants out of the contact area.
- Watertight:A seal rating that indicates that water cannot get in when the item is submerged in 3 feet of water.
- Wave Soldering:A method of soldering in which a wave of molten solder contacts the components on the PCB as the PC Board with the components is passed over a solder bath.
- Wiping Action:The travel of the moveable contact over the fixed contact as the switch operates. This action helps clean the contacts of contamination.